Saturday, March 13, 2010

Stationary Book









Well hello hello!!! It feels like a while since I've been able to post anything, but I hope you've been enjoying all Lisa's awesome projects!!!

My husbands good work friend was celebrating her 30th birthday today so I spent some time making this Stationary Book with matching 8 cards. I found the idea on here - you can actually buy a tutorial for it but I just had a look at it and thought I could work it out for myself. Its not too difficult and I actually really enjoyed how it turned out! I did have a little difficulty working out the boxes to go inside and have only just realised mine are quite different to the one's on Linda's sight, but that's all good right?? I also didn't make it big enough to take the matching 8 envelopes but ended up putting the envelopes into their own envelope of DSP paper and giving it as part of the gift? I wasn't about to make a whole new box just to fit the envelopes - next time I might just buy the tutorial!!!! hehehehhe


I have also tried out a technique I've seen on a few blogs to create that curly scalloped border around my central circle??? I couldn't tell you who to give credit to for it (if you know please let me know and I'll do a link!!) but its made by punching a strip of CS with your Eyelet Border Punch and then putting that through a crimper. I then put little snips into the base side of the strip and then just starting folding the little sections over each other to gather it into a circular shape. Then I've used mini glue dots to adhere my circle on top and popped it up on dimensionals. They look really simple but pretty too - why don't you have a go...:)


(I found out where I first saw this idea - Sarah Klass - go along and have a look a look at all her amazing things!!!)

Thanks for dropping by,

Adele xxx


CS: Kraft, Pumpkin Pie, Barely Banana
DSP: Haiku,
Stamp Sets: Happy Moments, Good Neighbours, Petal Pizzaz
Accessories: Crimper, Eyelet Border Punch, Paper Piercer, Versa Mark, Blender Pens

No comments: