Sunday, April 18, 2010

Vintage Vogue








So I am super excited to be able to post this today - I made it last night as an impromptu BELATED birthday gift for a dear friend but didn't want to post it till I could give it to her today...

I LOVE it though - I love these new colours from the Autumn/Winter mini - have totally become my favourites, and I LOVE the Big Shot and all that entails - it seriously is such a quick and easy way to make a card or project a little more stunning...


I tried out a ruffled ribbon for the first time and will definitley be using this again - I copied Sarah-Jane Kale's trick of putting sticky strip along a piece of cardstock and ruffling it on to that first then attaching to the main cardstock - super super easy...


The rest is fairly self explanatory - I think I pretty much CASED the layout from the mini catalogue as well but couldn't actually lay my hands on a copy to check so I was just going from memory...I think I just may have to make another one of these...


Hope you've had a fabulous day!!!


Come back again soon...


Smiles

Adele xxx

4 comments:

Just ME said...

Very nice! Great seeing what you get up to. We NEED to get together. When can you fit me into your busy schedule???!?!?!?

(really I just want to use your big shot..... jokes!)

Anonymous said...

I totally love it, and it has pride of place on my crafting desk - perhaps to give me some much needed inspiration?! Thank you Adele, you are gorgeous!
xo

Lee-Anne said...

Hi Adele

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and saying hi, and leaving such a lovely comment.

I just had to come and say hello and I'm so glad I did, you do the most beautiful work, it's very inspirational. Your scrapbook pages are just gorgeous and this very special gift you made is stunning. What a beautiful present, the frame is so pretty, the colours you have used just gorgeous and I love the way you added in the embossing folder. All I can say is wow!!

You have a wonderful week.

Lee-Anne :)

PS Your family picture up the top is so lovely, what a gorgeous family.

Christine Blain said...

This is such a lovely gift; what a lucky friend :) I think the embossed panel looks perfect inside that beautiful frame.