Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inkspiration Colour Challenge #46

Yay!!!! I've had another go at an Inkspiration Challenge and its doing exactly what its meant to do - take you out of your comfort zone!!!! This card is nothing like my normal style but I like it nonetheless??? So nice and bright and cheery...Poppy Parade is set to become a definite favourite of mine I think - such a gorgeous, strong, vibrant colour! Love it!

So here's the Colour Challenge...


And here is my card...






All fairly self explanatory I hope - I've used only the colours in the challenge; some retired So Saffron DSP that I stole from Lisa :); some gorgeous retired So Saffron ribbon - ruffled AGAIN I know, but I do so love a good ruffle!!!; my favourite punch in the whole wide world - the Scallop Trim; the Top Note die (which incidentally Christaine Blaine - a fellow challenge participant has used so charmingly on her card and it reminded me that I own that gorgeous die too and should use it much more often!!!! Thanks Christine! :)); and the stamps sets 'Petal Pizzaz' (the Poppy Parade flower has been dipped in Dazzling Diamonds) and the current Level 1 Hostess Set 'Afterthoughts'.

And OH!!!! For the very first time I used my Versa Mark PEN!!! Did you even know there was such a thing in the catalogue?!?! I didn't till I read a post on Renee's blog where she's used one and I thought I'd have to scour local craft stores to find one - when I thought to just check our catalogue and there it was!!!! I've used it on the sentiment - I've stamped it in the Baja Breeze and then used my Versa Mark pen over the top and then sprinkled it with Clear Embossing Powder! Just an extra little detail. I was most annoyed with myself for not thinking to do it on the back panel as well, but oh well - next time I can! :)

And after all that effort (I AM finding it much much harder coming up with my own things rather than just CASEing someone else's work) I thankfully have a special someone in mind for this card!!! YAY!!!

On a personal note the weather here in Brisbane has really started warming up! We took the kids to the beach on our first, very very rare FREE Saturday morning and I thought I'd share some pics we snapped on the day...as you can see the boys had a BLAST, whereas little McKinley wasn't too sure about the whole thing! hehehehe. Apart from making cards and crafting spending time with my family fills me with the deepest joy...




Thanks for stopping by and come again soon!!! :)

Smiles

Adele xxx

4 comments:

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Such a fun card Adele! I love how you put a bit of the scallop trim behind your ruffled ribbon. I never would have thought to do that but it looks so effective :)

Patrice said...

Excellent card Adele - love it. Big, bright and beautiful.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

GOSH this card really is bright and beautiful! It's an eye catcher :)

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Another FABULOUS and GORGEOUS creation Adele. You may actually persuade me to like Poppy Parade if you keep using it like this. I LOVE that you make the inside of your card look as gorgeous as the outside.. something I REALLY need to do.. hahaha. The ruffle is fabulous and the SPARKLE on the flower... WOW. Oh and as for a Versa Mark pen.. WHERE??? What page??? Really it's in the Catalogue???

xx SJ