Monday, December 5, 2011

Presents!!!!!!

'Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!'

I am so excited this year. Normally Christmas isn't something I'm that into - but this year I haven't been able to wait.

So it was so exciting that my sister and her family were able to travel up from NSW so we could celebrate Christmas together as a family - 11 kids and 8 adults in my parents house - it was awesome!!!!

I decided a little earlier in the week to 'make' some gifts for my sisters (Kylie, Estelle and Lisa) adn procrastinated till the day before (why oh why do I do this to myself???) and made these little folders.



I saw the original idea for these gorgeous things on Amy's Blog in  a 2009 post (can't find it now for the life of me??) and thought they would be perfect!

Aliessa also made one of these - here is her version...just scroll down to the bottom of the post...

Amy did have a template for it which she was lovely enough to share - go to http://www.papertreyink.com/mtt_recipewrapup_webview.html to find it...

For mine, I actually just scored 2 pieces of A4 cardstock at 8cm then again at 9cm twice, and trimmed the end a little so that I had an overlap of 2cm, and then glued the 2cm pieces together - probably a little longer than the one in the template so I could fit more stuff in!

Then you just use some acetate (mine were OHT sheets) and Crystal Effects to adhere the die-cuts - I had already put Dimensionals on them all and the Crystal Effects on the bottom of the Dimensional - so they should just come off really easily...




Then I followed Amy's idea in filling this little folder with pre-made die-cuts! How awesome is that! I would LOVE to have a gift like this - things that you can just pull off and whip onto a card - how quick would that be. 


I'm really hoping they get some use out of them..



So what crafty things are you making for your gifts this year?

1 comment:

Kerry Steger said...

Adele these are gorgeous gifts and I think anyone would be thrilled to receive one of these!!!