Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Cards


I got to sit down last night after the kids went to bed and finally get to making some cards. I've been wanting to all weekend but have been battling kids with gastro and haven't had the energy to pull anything out. Needless to say I've been a little cranky - but my husband came home from his meetings last night to a happy wife - I think he was a little confused as to why I was happy - I certainly wasn't before he left - he asked 'why are you so happy now? Is it because you're making cards?'. And you know what - it WAS!!! I find it so calming and therapeutic and joyful to be able to sit down and create. It doesn't matter that it might not be anyone else's cup of tea and they might be the ugliest cards ever, but the fact that I can lose myself in my own little world definitely helps to put a smile back on my face!! The investment is DEFINITELY worth it - and you know what, I think my husband now agrees too!!! hehehhe

Nothing much to explain with this card - I've used Whisper White Craft ink to soften all the edges and to stamp the Pocket Silhouette stamps onto the Baja Breeze piece. The butterfly is from Garden Whimsy and I've stamped it twice and dunked the top layer in Dazzling Diamonds - I love the added glamour of a little bling!

This looks really bright and fresh in real life - just what I needed last night!!! I LOVE STAMPING!!!! :)


CS: Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Baja Breeze
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Garden Whimsy, Happy Moments
Ink: Whisper White Craft Ink, Melon Mambo
Other: Melon Mambo Polka Dot Ribbon, Paper Piercer, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Sponges, Hemp Twine, Baja Breeze button (Button Bouquet)

1 comment:

Terri said...

Lovely! Please put it in my pile :)