Sunday, November 13, 2011

Old Craft

Well, in an effort to be a more regular blogger I thought I'd share with you some craft I made a little while ago.

One of my closest friends was celebrating her 30th birthday and I wanted something a little special to give her, and had heard of the idea of a money tree where you give a $1 for every year of their life. So I set about making my own version...

I could NOT figure out a way to photograph it - this was the best I could do!




Basically a tree branch stuck in a pot of clay and made to look pretty. I did my very best to make it look as pretty as possible though. :) I made these little pouches to slip the coins in using the heart punch and some ribbon, and hung them on the branches...and made lots of these little flowers as well.


And this was the matching card - a CASE from the IB&C with my own take on it.




A rather impractical gift perhaps - really just fancy packaging, but lots of love went into it and it was fun to make, and most importantly pretty to look at! :)

My husband is away on Senior Camp this week so I am looking forward to less housework and more crafting!!!!!! While the cat's away the mouse will play right! :) :) :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous week!!!

Smiles

Adele xxx

No comments: